Saturday, August 4, 2012

Who's the winner?


Since Wednesday’s “Chick-fil-a Day” I have come to a conclusion.  Satan is the only one who wins in this whole deal.

I’ve said for a long time that this country is in real trouble if our politicians can’t find some common ground to work from.  To give up the us versus them mindset.  If Republicans block anything the Democrats want to get done and the Democrats block anything the Republicans want to get done, guess what.  Nothing gets done.

In the last 4 days I’ve seen every sort of post from people about the Chick-fil-a controversy and the subsequent Chick-fil-a Appreciation day.  And from where I’m sitting it looks like an us versus us situation.  The “Bible Thumper Christians” versus the “Free Love Christians.”  We are so busy fighting about which of us is wrong that nothing gets done. 

I lump myself into one of those groups, and I know people who put themselves in the other. (Though I think we would all argue with the extreme titles I've given them)  And I’ve read the posts from the other group and thought to myself “How can they be so narrow-minded and disagreeing?”  And then today I looked in the mirror, guess who is being narrow-minded and disagreeing too?  If we can’t find some common ground in Christ, then nothing is going to get done.

And then Satan continues to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment