Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Reflecting again

So for the better part of the last 3 years I was unemployed.  You don’t really appreciate the stability that having a regular schedule and responsibilities give you until you don’t have them.  In August I got a call from a buddy about a possible opening with Maxwell’s.  Long story short 2 days later I had the job.

In my past I have worked at several jobs where I didn’t like my job or didn’t like my co-workers or didn’t like my boss.  I am very very lucky that in I have problems with none of those where I am now.  I look forward to going to work every day.  Even some weekends, I even look forward to Monday so I can go back to work and hang out with Bill and Orion and go see my customers.

On top of all of that I feel like I am an asset to the company.  I feel like the work I do and the contacts I make do good for the business.  I go home each evening with the feeling like I have accomplished something that day.

I figure at this point I’ve probably brown nosed enough(right, Bill?)…  I guess what I’m saying is that sometimes you really don’t appreciate something until you don’t have it anymore…

No comments:

Post a Comment