Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Reflections

So I figure it’s that time of year where I should look back over the past year and reflect on it.  Over the next couple of nights I will pick something significant in my life and reflect upon it.

 In the past year I have lost 70lbs.  Think about that.  That’s 7 10lb bags of potatoes.  That is a barbell with 12.5lbs on each end.  That’s almost a case and a half of paper.  I couldn’t imagine trying to just live life carrying that around right now.   The first 40lbs was done on my own, and took about 3 months to drop.  Then I went about 6 months gaining back about 10lbs.  I just completed a boot camp at Next Generation Fitness (www.wemeltyou.com) (thanks to my boss for the referral) and during that 8 week period I dropped another 40lbs.  The difference is incredible.

The first big difference I’m seeing is in my energy level.  I’m playing racquetball a couple hours a night 3-4 nights a week.  When we’re done playing I’m generally not fatigued.  In the past if I were to try to do something like that, I would have to beg off at ½ an hour or so for fear of having a heart attack.  Tonight I played full court basketball for over an hour and a half, and still felt good afterwards…

The other difference I see is in my size.  During the boot camp I lost 6 inches off of my waist.  I’m pulling clothes out of my closet I haven’t worn in years.  Last week I pulled out a sport jacket I haven’t worn since I was in college 12 years ago(don’t ask me why I still have it, but I’m glad I did). 

I have been out of the boot camp for about 3 weeks now.  And to be honest, I have been eating what I wanted when I wanted without any restraint.  With the exercise I’m doing I am currently maintaining my weight.  Next Tuesday I will get back on the boot camp eating plan and start busting out some more pounds.  My ultimate goal is about 85lbs away.  I hope to complete it in the next year.

If anyone is really serious about losing some weight let me know and I’ll give you a referral to Next Generation.  You can’t argue with the results, they definitely know what they are doing there.

No comments:

Post a Comment