Friday, January 13, 2012

Opinions and Buttholes

To borrow a quote (and slightly modify it), opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one and they think everyone else’s stinks… 
So, if that is the case, why are so many people concerned with everyone else’s opinions?  Or more specifically, why am I so concerned about what everyone else thinks about me?  I mean really, it seems like everything I do, I think about what others will think of it, or me.  Sometimes I wonder, am I the only one like this, or is everyone like this as well.

Seriously, it seems like everything I do, I have to process it through my filter. 

Okay, so I’m going there, what should I wear?  What will people think of what I’m wearing? 

Okay, I’m talking to this person, how can I word what I’m about to say to make me look better, or even less bad?

In reality, there are really very few opinions that matter.  There are the opinions of my friends and family, who love me and are only concerned about my well being.  There is my opinion of myself.  And most importantly there is the opinion of God.  As long as I am pleased with myself and am doing my best to please God, and not doing things to hurt my friends and family, why does it matter what anyone else thinks.  And why should I let it dictate what I say, do or wear?

But then again, that is much easier said than done, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment