Monday, January 9, 2012

Tebow. A great witness?

So, yesterday I was watching the end of the Denver Broncos game, and on the last play I came out of my seat and hit a chandelier I was so excited.  Did I mention that it was a Denver Broncos game?  If I were ranking my favorite NFL franchises they certainly would not be in my top 5, possibly not my top 10.  But here I am yelling and standing during the last play of the game.  I think that much of Tim Tebow.

All of that said, I wonder if maybe he should tone his Christian actions and statements back some.  I’m afraid that between how much he does, and how much the media seems to blow it out of proportion that he could come across as a fake.  Don’t get me wrong, I am not questioning his authenticity, I believe he is the real deal.  But I try to put myself in the shoes of a non-Christian looking at this.  How many non-Christians see the Christians they interact in their day-to-day lives with acting like Tim Tebow?  If you make a big sale, do you go to one knee?  If you find a good deal on widgets for your employer and you are telling a coworker about it, do you give credit to “Your Lord and Savior?”

Well, maybe the problem really isn’t really with Tim Tebow.  Maybe the problem is with all the other Christians.  What if all the Christians out there took more pride in their affiliation with Jesus Christ.  What if we acknowledged Him more in our day-to-day lives and actions?  What if we weren’t ashamed or self-conscious about our “Lord and Savior?”  Which would have a greater impact, Tim Tebow, or all of the other Christians in the world?  And would the media then ride Tebow like they do?

No comments:

Post a Comment