Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Chris Rock & Joe Pesci

So this past weekend I got a nice letter from the Lawrence County Circuit Court informing that I was required to attend a “Family Court Facilitation Project Intake Conference.”  And then there was the important part of it.  Make sure each of you have $20.00 in cash with you, or be prepared to answer to the judge as to why you didn’t pay the money.  It kinda reminded me of a scene from a movie.

WARNING, THIS SCENE HAS EXTREMELY FOUL LANGUAGE

I realize that some people going through a divorce have much more money and belongings than Jennifer and I.  And I also realize that many couples going through a divorce hate each other and can’t agree on anything.  Jennifer and I are not like that, we are at a minimum civil, and I would say we are at least friendly.  Neither of us has a lawyer and neither of us are fighting for anything.  But we are required to go to this “conference” to tell them how we have already decided to split everything up.  And then they will make another appointment where we get to go back again.  Oh and don’t forget to bring the money.  I don’t know how much it costs to file for divorce, but I know it is at least close to $200.00, but now they want more…

It really kinda irritates me that I have to waste what is going to amount to almost ½ a day and pay them to sit through this…

No comments:

Post a Comment